THE ZOO KZEW RADIO PROJECT

Most Recent   Most Popular   Most Active   My Activity

Lightnin'

Posted by: Angela on 7/6/2023 10:11 AM

I will forever associate this song with the great JD! Always brings a smile!

Back   

8 Replies
Added by JeffP

Agreed! Would love to hear some of JD's show intros from back in the day... if they exist.
Added by Wildcard

You guys are psychic! JD intros have been found and will make their way back to the airwaves in the coming days. It's the least we can do to honor him for his massive contribution to the zoo and D/FW radio over the years.
Added by Angela

Woo hoo!!
Added by Billy W

I have a couple of those "Lightnin'" intros from Aug.83, the Noon Feed with Dillon and Rody, but neither are complete, they both come in at "And here's the party animal, John Rody" (JD doing the Don Pardo bit). Classic stuff! I'd love to contribute. It'd be cool if you had a page where people could upload their zoo recordings.
Added by Wildcard

Billy W - email us at oneandonlywildcard@gmail.com and we'll take a look. Thanks!
Added by JeffP

Somewhere I think I still have my copy of the "Zoo Tape" they mailed out back in the day. If you don't already have that audio I will try to find it and send a copy.
Added by Wildcard

JEFFP - Email me what you got and I'll try to get it on the zoo. Thanks!
Added by KDTO Willy

Intros/Outros/& Background Music - If memory serves correctly, in addition to JD's intro with Lightnin', didn't LaBella & Rody use the outro to Steely Dan's 'King Of The World' when their shift ended at 10am? Also, they used James Taylor's 'Traffic Jam' during Rody's traffic reports.
Add Reply:
Please login or register to add your reply or get notified when a reply is added.
5 people will be notified when a reply is added.