THE ZOO KZEW RADIO PROJECT

Most Recent   Most Popular   Most Active   My Activity

I turn 70 this year

Posted by: Katroi on 6/7/2024 5:16 PM

... but The Zoo came on the air the year I graduated from "HIGH" school. The soundtrack of my life for sure. The Zoo left, there was little music that really moved me, until now! The Zoo has its bite back. Adrenaline surges through me, and contrary to popular belief I find that I have not lost my legendary ability to mix whiskey, amphetamines, crank up The Zoo and cruise Belt Line Rd. for 48 continuous hours. Long live The Zoo. Do not follow my example. You will surely fail.

Back   

10 Replies
Added by bobbyn

yeah, i know... i failed and got back up. Its hard but with great returns. ya's git to live.
Added by bobbyn

oh, i am 67
Added by Wildcard

Thanks for the kind words! Tons of work went into this wild ride. Glad it's of value to you knuckleheads! :)
Added by Angela

Ok, which Belt Line road? Every city in the DFW area has a Belt Line Rd. And it would take 48 hours to cruise then all!

Do young people go cruising anymore? Or is that a lost thing? Certainly was a thing back in the day.
Added by bobbyn

Wild Card....lol knuckleheads!!~~
Added by Katroi

Angela, all of those are The Same Belt Line Road! It is the original loop around Dallas County! All the little bergs it went through back then are popping settlements now. Yep, a long cruise, but not when times loses all meaning. That trip would take amphetamines like a 75 milligram amphetamine known culturally as an "L.A. Turnaround." One capsule, 72 hours, what a buzz. Educate yourself about grandpa's drug culture. Most of us grew up, stopped stoning, got good jobs, had kids and now only revisit those days while snuggling in front of the flat screen watching Netflix. But what if some great pharmaceuticals came around again? Life is short, so who can tell?
Added by aubrey75092

68 here - and the days & nights of having the Zoo as our soundtrack up at Lake Texoma in the early 70's as well as while in the Air Force stationed in Abilene (77-80) turning the guys & gals from outside Texas on to this little thing of ours...

It good to have it back in our midst
Added by Angela

Ok Katroi! So what make/model vehicle were you driving at that time?
Added by Katroi

Angela, Forgive delayed response. I just transitioned back to this reality for awhile. '66 Impala SS, lemon yellow, white interior (except rusty metal seat backs), Pioneer 8-track, Craig CB, 283 CID w/ two barrel Rochester carb, Powerglide 2 speed tranny (PRNDL); well, until I headed out the door one morning and it was gone from the driveway never to be seen again. Boo Hoo!!!
Added by Angela

Cool car! Sorry it got ripped off.
Add Reply:
Please login or register to add your reply or get notified when a reply is added.
5 people will be notified when a reply is added.